[Rmannounce] Analysis of Human ALU Subfamilies

Robert Hubley rhubley at systemsbiology.org
Tue Jun 26 14:58:04 PDT 2012

As often happens in science, an analysis is performed to improve the
overall performance of a program ( RepeatMasker ) and once a new version
of the program is out we forget about the datasets themselves. Today we
uploaded the results of a coseg run on over 500k human ALUs. Follow this
link (
http://www.repeatmasker.org/AluSubfamilies/humanAluSubfamilies.html ) to
see the tree produced by coseg along with a multiple alignment of the
various subfamilies, old and new ( at the time ).